Learn WILDERNESS SURVIVAL. Heal yourself with HERBAL MEDICINE. Read the landscape as a NATURALIST.
Join us just outside Seattle on the flanks of Squak Mountain for a half-day informal workshop on outdoor skills. This is the first in a series, and the day’s activities will depend on the weather and group.
– Wild edible plants and fungi
– Useful wild plants (for tools, fire-making, weapons, shelter, etc)
– Friction fires (bowdrill)
– Natural fibers for basketry and cordage
– Finding clean water
– Medicinal Plants and natural first aid
– Maps and Navigation
– Geology and watershed dynamics
– Ecological basics
– Regional history
Lunch, water bottle, raingear and warm clothes, pocketknife, paper bag, notebook, comfortable walking shoes, and a backpack to carry it all.