Subscribe to DGR updates
- Resistance Profile: Movement for the Emancipation for the Niger Delta (MEND)
- Report says Seattle has highest number of murdered Native American women
- Wasting time on bandaids in an insane system
- Seattle: A City on the Cutting Edge of Empire
- Porn, Trafficking and the Social Construction of Masculinity
Search & filter postsBe careful: if you specify too many criteria you may not find any matching posts!
Like many Americans, I have been paying attention to the current marketing of gender, the unquestionable system that tells us what constitutes male vs. female in our capitalist patriarchy. With morbid fascination, I am witnessing our culture move away from the old women’s liberation values that told young people they could participate in any activity they enjoyed, wear any clothing they liked, play with whatever toys they wanted, and think any thoughts they thought without these behaviors and beliefs being labeled male or female by forces then known as sexism. Not only have the categories of “boy’s toys” and “girl’s toys” returned with a vengeful backlash, now children and the rest of us are being told that an affinity for “girl’s toys” and dresses and make-up actually defines the true essence of girlhood. … Continue reading → Continue reading